Session 5 | Corporate Venture & Innovation Labs in Latin America
Technological advances are constantly disrupting all industries, ripping apart traditional structures and rendering old ways of working obsolete. In order to overcome this, firms need to be at the forefront of the new technologies that could have an impact on their industries. This panel will explore the emerging practice of start-up engagement as a corporate innovation strategy to help established companies uncover growth opportunities behind the threats of disruption. As such, Corporate Venture initiatives and Innovation Labs are springing up everywhere in Latin America, with biotech being a key component driving this success.
- Carlos Eduardo Pereira, Director of Operations, EMBRAPII
- Douglas Lopes, CFO, Biomm
- Marco Billi, M&A/Corporate Venture, Eurofarma
- Thiago Julio, Manager of Open Innovation at Grupo DASA / Healthcare, Biotech, Life Sciences Curator at Cubo Itaú
- Tom Luby, Head of JLABS @ Texas Medical Center, Johnson & Johnson Innovation